ECOCHALLENGE RULES & REGULATIONS
The EcoChallenge is a competition among classrooms and schools participating in the Beyond Recycling program. The EcoChallenge consists of student-focused, hands-on classroom projects based on the ecological footprint.
The EcoChallenge is developed by the Beyond Recycling program and is sponsored and administered through Wildsight (495 Wallinger Ave, Kimberley, BC Canada V1A 1Z6).
ECOCHALLENGE CONTEST PERIOD
The EcoChallenge Contest will open on October 1st, 2018 at 12:01 p.m. MST and will close on June 27th, 2019 at 11:59 a.m. MST.
ELIGIBILITY & DISQUALIFICATION
- Eligibility: To be eligible to Participate in the EcoChallenge you must be a teacher of a Class participating in the Beyond Recycling program.
- Compliance: All Classes in the EcoChallenge must adhere to the EcoChallenge Official Rules listed here.
- Disqualification: Wildsight reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Class that does not comply with the Rules or with any subsequent instructions provided as part of the EcoChallenge. A Class’s failure to adhere to any of the Rules, as determined by the Wildsight in their sole discretion, will also render the Class ineligible to participate in any future EcoChallenge and ineligible for any EcoChallenge rewards, prizes or compensation of any kind.
HOW TO ENTER
- General: No purchase is necessary to enter the EcoChallenge or to win a Prize. These Rules are final on all matters relating to the EcoChallenge. There is no cost to participate in the Beyond Recycling program.
- Registration: To enter the EcoChallenge, the teacher of a participating Class must register an online account (including an account name and password) on the Beyond Recycling Website at beyondrecycling.ca. No personal information about students is required. Teachers must acknowledge that they have read and agree to the Rules to enter the contest.
- Entry: Limit of one entry per EcoChallenge per Class per time period. Wildsight is not responsible for late, unsubmitted, incomplete or misdirected Entries.
- Deadline: In order to participate in the EcoChallenge and to be eligible to win a Prize entries must be successful in completing and reporting on an EcoChallenge Project in the related content period. Contest deadlines are December 21st, 2018, March 14th, 2019 and June 27th, 2019. Entries received after the Deadlines will not be accepted.
- Once a Teacher has successfully registered for the Beyond Recycling program, an online Class account will be created. Teachers are responsible for all information posted within their Class’s Account and must comply with and ensure full compliance to all rules relating to the protection of personal information collected, disclosed or used in connection with the EcoChallenge.
- Safety is of paramount importance. All EcoChallenge Projects, must be conducted and completed in a safe manner and in compliance with the Rules and all applicable laws. Failure to carry out any EcoChallenge Project in a safe manner may result in disqualification of the Class, as determined by Wildsight in their sole discretion.
- Teachers must be truthful about the completion of Class Projects and any results achieved. Falsification of documents or tampering with EcoChallenge-related data is strictly prohibited and may, result in disqualification. All decisions of Wildsight concerning the ability or eligibility of a Teacher and/or Class to participate or continue to participate and/or win a Prize are final with no right of appeal or review whatsoever.
- Teachers are solely responsible to review, understand and comply with all applicable policies and procedures, including the policies and procedures of the school and/or school board/division related to their Class, regarding eligibility to enter and/or participate in the EcoChallenge. Any Teacher entering a Class in the EcoChallenge or participating in the EcoChallenge is in violation of any applicable policy or procedure, including a policy or procedure of their school or school board, may, along with their Class, be disqualified from the EcoChallenge and prohibited or disqualified from receiving any Prize.
- By submitting an EcoChallenge entry, the Teacher gives the right to use the entry in whole or in part for any purpose whatsoever, e.g. promotion; website; and can publicly perform, display or distribute such entry to any person or organization in any manner.
- During the EcoChallenge Period, 5 EcoFootprint categories with multiple EcoChallenge Project plans will be available on the Beyond Recycling Website.
- All information relating to EcoChallenge Projects will be available on the Beyond Recycling Website which can be accessed through each Teacher’s online BR Account.
- Classes are encouraged to complete EcoChallenge Projects based on the resources provided on the Beyond Recycling Website. Teachers will not be required to purchase any extra supplies or materials to participate in the EcoChallenge.
- Teachers must provide proof of completion of EcoChallenge Project to enter the contest. This may include (but is not limited to) uploading photos or examples of student work to the BR Website. Wildsight reserves their right to require supplementary proof of completion of any EcoChallenge Project.
- Privacy is of paramount importance. Teachers are responsible for ensuring that no personal information about students or other identifiable individuals is shared publicly (via the BR Website or otherwise) as part of the EcoChallenge, unless the required consent has been received. Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual and includes any information that can or may be used to identify an individual. It is also the responsibility of the Teacher to be familiar with and abide by the privacy rules and regulations of their School.
- Teachers who wish to include photos or videos with students or other individuals as part of the EcoChallenge must obtain prior consent to do so. Teachers may use the Wildsight Photo Consent Form, which is distributed in the class as part of participation in Beyond Recycling program.
- Photo release forms must be completed in full and, in the case of a minor, must be signed by a custodial parent or legal guardian prior to the Teacher publicly sharing photos or videos. Teachers provide Photo Consent forms to the BR Educator at the beginning of the Beyond Recycling Program.
PRIZES & PRIZE SELECTION
Prizes will be awarded for each of the EcoChallenge Categories. Details of the Prizes and the Prize winner selection process are set out below:
- Probability: Chances of winning an EcoChallenge Prize will depend on the number of Classes that enter. Participating BR Classes are eligible to win multiple prizes.
- EcoChallenge Prize: 4 prizes will be awarded each of the 3 time periods; each consisting of one-hundred dollars ($100.00) for a total value of $1200 overall, or $400 per contest period.
- Selection of Potential Winners: Selection of the potential winners will be drawn by the Judging Panel from all completed and properly submitted EcoChallenge projects. If there is no entry, then the prizes will not be awarded.
- Notification: Upon verification of eligibility, the winners will be notified by email within 30 days of the period deadlines. by June 29, 2019 by 15:00 MST.
- Delivery: Wildsight will send the Prize to the winners via mail or other secure means.
WINNER DECLARATION AND AWARDING OF PRIZES
- Winners of any Prize will receive no compensation, credit or prizing other than the Prize awarded.
- The determination of the winners or potential winners by Wildsight or Judging Panel is final without right of appeal or review.
- Wildsight shall have no obligation to the EcoChallenge winners beyond awarding of Prizes and as otherwise outlined in these Rules.
- Prizes are not transferable; no substitutions or equivalents are permitted, except by the Wildsight at their sole discretion or as otherwise provided in these Rules.
- By entering the EcoChallenge, all Teachers and participants in Classes, as confirmed by the Teacher entering the
- Classes in the EcoChallenge, agree a) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Wildsight; and b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Wildsight and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and independent contractors, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives, including funders, from any and all liability for claims/damages, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury (including death) or property damage, with respect to or arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize or participation in the EcoChallenge, or for claims based on, publicity rights, defamation, or intrusion of privacy.
- Wildsight reserves the right to terminate or suspend the EcoChallenge or specific EcoChallenge components or to amend these Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Void where prohibited by law.