Are you considering bringing BR into your class? Currently Beyond Recycling is available in many communities in the East and West Kootenays. Beyond Recycling:
- is for grade 5 through 7, this program offered weekly throughout the school year.
- offers lessons addressing waste reduction, climate change, energy consumption, product lifecycle, sustainability, food production, plastic production, natural resource extraction, recycling, ecological footprint and more.
- provides experiential learning opportunities that complement and enhance the existing curriculum.
- includes 24 lessons that utilize hands-on activities, slideshows, worksheets, movies, costumes, props and more.
- sparks the passion and creativity in students that is necessary for a sustainable future.
- eight years in-class experience.
Participating teachers can’t say enough about the Beyond Recycling program.
Engaging, informative, fun convincing, educational, well-organized, focused and CRITICAL to today’s youthPatrice Oscienny, Isabella Dicken Elementary School teacher SD#5.
This program is offered to schools free of charge by Wildsight. Learn more about what is involved at Wildsight.
Since 2004, Beyond Recycling has been taught in schools in Jaffray, Fernie, Inveremere, Kimberley, Jaffray, Erickson, Creston, Castlegar, Blewett, Kaslo, Trail, New Denver, Salmo, Balfour, Winlaw and Nelson.
The range of activities was impressive – role play, field trips, data collection, public speaking, ownership, multimedia, writing, opinion, creative outlets, and more all tied in specifically with goals we already were fusing on in a school setting. A must have! Nicole Richards, Isabella Dicken Elementary