The Screen-Free EcoChallenge Includes:
- An EcoChallenge video to explain how to complete the EcoChallenge
- Activity: Students pledge to go screen-free for a set time period
- Optional extension activity: Energy Investigation worksheet
To share this EcoChallenge with your students send this link –> https://beyondrecycling.ca/screenfree/
Sharing discussion questions:
- How did it feel to not be “connected” on a device?
- Is it important to take a break from screens occasionally?
- What other skills or talents can be learned in the time away from screens?
- Does your family currently do screen-free time?
- Would your family pledge to do a screen-free day once a week after this experience?
- What are the pros and cons of doing a screen-free time?
- Did you complete the extension activity: Energy Investigation worksheet?
Note: You can choose to have the whole class complete one EcoChallenge or allow each student to choose their own EcoChallenge. If you are doing the later, share this link –> https://beyondrecycling.ca/lessons/eco-challenge/