True Cost of Food – Video Lesson
Students watch a Beyond Recycling lesson video to explore food systems and define 5 principles to define “REAL” food. They then decide on a project to make or grow food.
In this lesson students will:
- Watch the One Planet movie
- Watch the Beyond Recycling lesson video
- Learn about food systems and define real food
- Choose a real food project to either grow or make
Sample instructions for students:
- Step 1: Go to the lesson: www.beyondrecycling.ca/truecostoffoodhome
- Step 2: Watch the lesson videos
- Step 4: Work on your project. Your project is due: —enter details —-.
- Step 5: Share your project with the class via: — enter details here —
Real food project ideas:
- Pair this lesson with the Waste-Free Granola Bar EcoChallenge
- Choose your project carefully as this could easily turn into an activity that takes more time
- Choose one of our other food-based student activities