The Granola Bar EcoChallenge Includes:
- An EcoChallenge video to explain how to complete the EcoChallenge
- Activity: Students get into the kitchen to make their own granola bars
- Optional extension activity: Food Investigation worksheet
To share only this EcoChallenge with your students send this link –> https://beyondrecycling.ca/granolabar/
Sharing discussion questions:
- What did you name your granola bars?
- How are your homemade granola bars different from the store-bought ones?
- Are your granola bars healthy?
- Did you make the recipe provided or another one?
- When we buy granola bars at the store they all have individual packaging. What are the impacts of this packaging?
- How will you “package” your homemade granola bars?
- Would you like to take your granola bars for a snack at school?
- Did you complete the extension activity: Food Investigation worksheet?
Note: You can choose to have the whole class complete one EcoChallenge or allow each student to choose their own EcoChallenge. If you are doing the later, share this link –> https://beyondrecycling.ca/lessons/eco-challenge/