Trash 2 Treasure – Video Lesson
In this lesson students will:
- Watch a Beyond Recycling lesson video
- Learn about waste and recycling
- Brainstorm ways to reuse items
- Choose a project
- Turn waste/recycling/unused items into something useful.
Sample instructions for students:
- Step 1: Go to the lesson: www.beyondrecycling.ca/trash2treasurehome
- Step 2: Watch the lesson video
- Step 3: Plan your project. You can use this worksheet to help. Collect your supplies. Your plan is due: —enter details —–
- Step 4: Start your build. Your project is due: —enter details —-.
- Step 5: Share your project with the class via: — enter details here —
- Encourage students to use the adults in their lives as resources (eg. Uncle is a carpenter)
- Remind students to make something they can use again and again
- If you are teaching online you may need to host multiple depending on the number of students participating
- Remind students to use safety equipment and have parent supervision for use of power tools.
- Clarify how you want students to share their project eg. photos, video conference, create a video