Let’s learn more about debating energy…
- A debates is a formal verbal argument. They can be a lot of fun.
- When preparing for a debate it is helpful to know the pros and cons of your side and your opponents.
- Energy, where it comes from and how we use it is something that many people have different opinions about. It can be fun to debate which type of energy is better.
Choose one of the engaging activities below to take action:
- Life Debate: Think of three topics that are important to you and might cause debate. E.g. I think bikes should be free for everyone!
- What’s up with Energy? Energy causes big debates across the world. In your research into energy sources did you find out why this might be? Make a quick poster or drawing to show why energy production is a such a hot topic of debate.
- Family Debate: Challenge a family member to debate with you. Choose a topic you both are interested in and prepare to have some verbal fun.
Chose a topic below to write about:
- What is a debate
- What are three potential negatives to my chosen resource? How would I defend it?
Check out some of our favourite Energy Debate videos:
Watch a 4th Grade full debate here – you might want to skip about 4 minutes in so you miss the introduction and get right to the debate!
- Watch Why should I debate?
Listen to this great podcast to learn more:
- Brains On – State of debate To help you debate better listen to this short podcast that looks at how to be the best debater! These skills will help you express yourself in life and be a better communicator!
Come play a Kahoot with us…