Let’s learn all about Transportation…
- How has transportation changed over time?
Choose one of the engaging activities below to take action:
- Transportation of The Future: Use your imagination. What will transportation look like in the future? Draw or write to explain your idea.
- Transportation Challenge: Can you bike or walk everywhere for an entire week? Keep track of how far you go by car, by bike, and by walking for the week you chose. For extra motivation, challenge your friends too!
- Transportation Map: Make a biking/walking map of your community. Include your house, grocery store, school, and any other places your family goes often. Add in the distances. Colour code the map showing places you can walk (closest), bike (middle distances – varies according to how far you can ride), and drive (places too far to walk or bike). Are any of the places you normally drive actually close enough to bike or walk? Here’s an example map.
Choose one of the topics below to write about:
- Describe how your life would be different if you didn’t own a car.
- Invent a new method of transportation. How does it work? Where does its fuel come from? Is it renewable?
- What existing mode of transportation would you like to experience? Imagine your journey from start to finish.
- Local Columbia Basin professional athlete Greg Hill tries to make transport to his adventures more sustainable – watch the amazing 20-minute movie here
- This video shows some Seattle students who have made a difference in their City in regards to greener transportation. You can make a difference too!
Listen to one of these great podcasts to learn more:
- People Fixing The World – Rewarding Green Travel in Bologna
- People Fixing The World – The Big Transport Swap
- People Fixing The World – The Future of Freight
Come play a Kahoot with us..